Alberta Lotto Max Winner Found Out He Hit The Jackpot By His Mom Waking Him Up



An Alberta man is now a cool $15 million richer thanks to a recent Lotto Max draw win, but the real kicker is how he found out.

According to a press release from the Western Canada Lottery Corporation, Andrew Weninger was enjoying some extra shut-eye when his mom came into his room telling him to get out of bed.

"I was irritated because I was trying to sleep, but then she told me I had won $15 million … can't really be irritated about that," Weninger told WCLC at the St. Albert prize office.

Weninger's mom had apparently checked his Lotto Max ticket for the March 26 draw while he was sleeping in.

"I jumped up and said a bunch of things I'm not going to repeat now," he said.

Not long after finding out about his big win, Weninger said the first thing he did after finding was talk to a financial advisor. And even though he says he will invest most of the money, the Edmonton resident does have some big plans.

"I'm going to buy a house and get my dog a friend," he said. "Eventually I would like to do some travelling too, all around the world. As soon as it's safe I'm going to start with London, England."

And on a bit of a smaller scale, Weninger plans to go back to school and buy himself a car, very practical.

For anyone else hoping to follow in Weninger's footsteps and win big, he purchased his $55 multi-draw Lotto Max ticket at the Pleasantville Rexall Drug Store in Edmonton.


Post a Comment

0 Comments