Connor McDavid's Fiancée Lauren Kyle Shared Wedding Plans & Their 'Special' Spot In Ontario



Edmonton Oilers captain Connor McDavid and his fiancée Lauren Kyle are in the middle of wedding planning and the bride-to-be says their big day will happen in a spot that's special to them.

McDavid and Kyle got engaged this past summer and they already have a wedding date picked out during the NHL's next offseason in 2024.

Narcity spoke to Kyle about how wedding prep is going and the interior designer says the couple is getting into the "thick of things."

"We have a date and location which is important," she explained. "Now we're getting into the fun details of the design."

The couple had been together for eight years before McDavid got down on one knee and asked Kyle to marry him in Muskoka.

The pair shared the news online with beautiful photos of the proposal and were met with a wave of excitement from their loved ones.

"22.06.23 was the best day of my life. I cannot put into words how happy I am to be spending the rest of our lives together. Almost 8 years of growth, happiness and so much love and I can’t believe we have so much more to look forward to," Kyle wrote in the engagement post.

"I knew you were my person from the day we met and I can’t wait for the beautiful life we are going to create together."

"Thank you for the most thoughtful, picture perfect proposal that I could never have imagined. I love you more than anything."

In the photos, you can see McDavid, who was wearing a blue suit, proposing to his longtime girlfriend right by the water.

Kyle, dressed in a stunning long dress and sparkly heels, is shown smiling and getting emotional in the special moment.

Kyle confirms she and her husband-to-be will be returning to the same area where she said "yes" to McDavid to get married.

That means Ontario's cottage country will be seeing a big NHL wedding in the summer of 2024!

"We're gonna do it in an undisclosed location in Muskoka," Kyle said.

"We're incorporating our cottage for one of the events too, which will be nice because we get to showcase the new space that we built. We'll do a welcome party there and then we're doing the actual wedding in Muskoka."

While the couple lives in Edmonton where Kyle has her interior design business and McDavid plays for the Oilers, they have a second home in Muskoka where they spend a lot of time each summer.

During their last visit, they didn't only get engaged, but Kyle also kicked off the wedding plans by hosting a special event for her bridal party.

On September 2, the bride-to-be shared beautiful photos of the celebration with her two maid of honours and her bridesmaids.

"The most special night! On Tuesday I asked my best friends to be my bridesmaids and I couldn’t be more excited to have them by my side," she wrote.

That post was followed up with a video that showed a more behind-the-scenes look at the party, including a look at the couple's home by the lake, the stunning set-up for the event and the group of girls dancing together.

Now Kyle says she's focused on finding her perfect dress.

In early October, the Edmonton native took a trip to New York City with her mom, mother-in-law and two maid of honours in the hopes that she would find her wedding gown.

"A sneak peek into my search for ‘the one.' So many dresses, but the perfect one is playing hard to get!" she captioned a post from the trip.

Unfortunately, Kyle says she still hasn't found her dress, but she knows what she's looking for.

"I got an idea of what I want for the cut, style and everything. I just think I might get it custom-made because I can't find exactly what I want," she told Narcity.

As wedding prep continues, the interior designer says her fiancé is helping with some aspects, but is leaving the bulk of it to her for now.

"He really trusts my vision, and he trusts my design ability so he definitely wants me to take over that side of things," she told Narcity.

"I think he's excited to be surprised with what I come up with. I'm involved in the creation and the vision of things and he's involved in the specifics and organization and kind of how we get to and from and what the realistic parts of the wedding are."

One of the things the couple has agreed on is that their adorable dog Lenard will be a part of the ceremony.

"I'm gonna have him walk down with one of my maid of honours," Kyle revealed during the interview.

We can't wait to see if that means Lenard will be dressed up!

Following their engagement in June, Kyle and McDavid got to attend a friend's wedding and Kyle admits she drew some inspiration from it.

The interior designer was a bridesmaid at former Edmonton Oiler Tyson Barrie's and Emma Rose's wedding in Victoria, B.C. in the summer.

Kyle shared many snapshots from the event, which she says was a lot of fun.

The event ended up being a huge NHL wedding with a number of well-known Canadian players like McDavid, Sidney Crosby, Nathan MacKinnon and Mitch Marner on the guest list.

Hopefully, this means we'll get another hockey reunion when McDavid and Kyle tie the knot in 2024.

"Being newly engaged, now going to a wedding, it's a whole different meaning. You go to weddings, and you just pick up different things that you want to incorporate," she explained.

"I think I've picked up some cool concepts and ideas and [...] you really pay attention to the way the night like flows. So that's definitely important for when we're thinking about our wedding."

As for which NHL stars will be invited to their big day, we'll have to wait and see who will be there.

As Kyle and McDavid continue planning their wedding, we hope they'll share more updates online so we can follow along!

This interview has been condensed and edited for clarity.



Connor McDavid's Fiancée Lauren Kyle Shared Wedding Plans & Their 'Special' Spot In Ontario
Source: News Article Viral

Post a Comment

0 Comments