Shania Twain Just Got Her Own Barbie & Her Outfit Is A Perfect Nod To An Iconic Music Video



Let's go, girls! Shania Twain has been honoured by Barbie for International Women's Day and the doll version of the iconic Canadian features a seriously cool outfit that means a lot to Twain.

On Wednesday, March 6, Twain shared the "pinch me" news on her Instagram as well as some behind-the-scenes moments.


"I am honoured to be recognized as a Barbie role model - I have my own one-of-a-kind Barbie doll!! Pinch me!!" Twain wrote in the caption of her post.

"All I’ve wanted to do my whole life is tell stories of empowerment, independence and self-expression through my songwriting, getting to do that and inspire women and girls along the way is the dream... everything else is a beautiful bonus!" she continued.

If the black outfit that her Barbie is wearing looks familiar to you, that's because it's a replica of the original "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" look that Twain wore for the music video and continues to rock while on tour along with the pink hair she's been seen with in recent years.

"It's fun, it's playful," Twain said of her role as a Barbie role model, as per an interview provided by Mattel. "It represents something very powerful to girls and women. And that makes me happy. I'm inspired by my Barbie doll, a replica of me today, wilder hair and still capturing the classic Shania, so it's the best of all worlds."

She also said that she wants to inspire everybody, particularly young people and girls.

"I always questioned whether I should [...] I put my female self forward or my thinking [self] forward, which do I put forward? And when I wrote the song "Man! I Feel Like A Woman," that was a plunge into putting them forward, equally," she explained. "So through the platform of music and creativity, I want to inspire girls to put their just their best forward all of it."

Mattel is celebrating five other powerful women for Barbie's 65th birthday with dolls of their own, including Viola Davis and Dame Helen Mirren.

Hi, Barbies!



Shania Twain Just Got Her Own Barbie & Her Outfit Is A Perfect Nod To An Iconic Music Video
Source: News Article Viral

Post a Comment

0 Comments