Demi Lovato Asked 'Schitt’s Creek' Star Emily Hampshire On A Date & Was Totally Shut Down



Shooting your shot can always be a bit awkward, but Demi Lovato getting turned down after sliding into Schitt's Creek star Emily Hampshire's DMs is proof celebs also get rejected.

On a recent episode of Lovato's podcast, 4D with Demi Lovato, the two stars got giggly reminiscing about the situation.

"You slid in my DM's and you said, 'I like you on the show, we should kick it some time,'" Hampshire said through laughter. "And then you said below it, you said, 'and by kick it I mean like, go on a date, I find you attractive.' You made it clear that it was a date. And I love that, because I was like, sometimes that's confusing, you know?" she said.

"You were like 'I'm decades older, I don't think we'll find the same things funny,' and I was like 'mmm, 'scuse you,' and I sent you a really good meme," Lovato said.

Lovato then used Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor as an example of a relationship with a larger age gap, before realizing that they were comparing Hampshire to the 78-year-old. "Not my smoothest move," Lovato admitted.

Although it didn't work out romantically for the two, there's still a happy ending.

"Look, a non-binary person can dream. I was like, 'what's the worst that can happen?' Lovato said on shooting their shot. "And then I made a really good friend. You're a dope friend. I'm happy we became friends."


Post a Comment

0 Comments