Justin Trudeau considered stepping down after marriage troubles with Sophie Grégoire Trudeau



Justin Trudeau has opened up about his split from Sophie Grégoire Trudeau last year amidst marriage troubles and how it affected his job as prime minister.

In a podcast episode of ReThinking with Adam Grant, Canada's leader was asked how often he thinks about quitting his job.

"Not at all," he said before sharing that things got rough during his and Grégoire Trudeau's marriage breakdown in 2023.

"There was a moment last year as I was facing some difficult moments in my marriage where I really wondered, okay, is there a path... and I just realized, that's, that's not me," the PM said in terms of quitting. "There is so much to do still."

In fact, he says the stakes are higher in some ways for democratic countries than ever before.

"The need to try and hold things together in a rational discourse around doing things that are meaningful and are going to nudge the arc of the moral universe forward matters so much that I couldn't be the person I am, the fighter I am and say, yeah, no, this particular fight I'm walking away from," Trudeau shared. "I can't do that."

In terms of how he's handling the fact that his popularity is down, it seems he also has a way to deal with that.

“No matter how much they dislike me, I still have to try and think about what I can do to make sure that (Canadians), or their kids or their community, is doing better," he explained to Grant.

This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.



Justin Trudeau considered stepping down after marriage troubles with Sophie Grégoire Trudeau
Source: News Article Viral

Post a Comment

0 Comments