Singh & O'Toole Both Came To Trudeau's Defense After Angry Protestors Crashed His Event



Days after Justin Trudeau had to cancel a campaign stop due to the intensity of the protestors, Canada's other major party leaders are coming to his defense.

Both Jagmeet Singh and Erin O'Toole discussed the cancellation on their campaigns, condemning the "harassment" and "violence" on display.

"I just want to condemn that the violence reached a level where an event had to be cancelled like that and Mr. Trudeau and his team were worried about their safety," Singh said in a recent press conference. "That should never have happened. And that's wrong."

"From myself, right through to any volunteer, I expect professionalism. I expect respect. I respect my opponents," O'Toole said at his own campaign stop. "I strongly condemn any form of harassment and protest, the like that we've seen."

Trudeau was confronted by a "large group" of protestors, according to The Caledon Enterprise, whose shouting, cursing and heckling at Trudeau was enough to force the event to be cancelled.

In a press conference after the fact, Trudeau said the protestors were displaying an "intensity of anger" he'd never seen before.


Post a Comment

0 Comments