I Tried Old Navy's New Size-Inclusive Range & It Low-key Made Me Emotional



Shopping for clothes can either be a fun or traumatic experience for me, so I'm happy to say that my recent trip to Old Navy with their new size-inclusive range was pretty wonderful.

On August 18, the company announced that everything in their women's clothing line would span from size 0 to 30, which is something I haven't experienced before while shopping for plus-size clothing. Prior to this, Old Navy did have plus-size options, but not for every style, which was a bummer when you spot something cute only to realize it just went up to XL.*

Being able to shop for any style was pretty exciting and overall I had a great experience at the store.

They have powerful messaging

I Tested Out Old Navy's New Size-Inclusive Range & It Lowkey Made Me Emotional Sarah Rohoman | Narcity

As I approached Old Navy in the Eaton Centre, the inclusive messaging was promoted all across the storefront. Not only were there a variety of sizes, but also diversity in the models.

Typically, I'd shop at retailers that specialize in just plus-size clothing like Torrid or Pennington, but something about being able to select from such a wide variety of sizes in one place made me a lil' emotional. I also really loved that they had three different-sized mannequins to show what the clothing looks like on different body types.

There were a large range of sizes

I Tested Out Old Navy's New Size-Inclusive Range & It Lowkey Made Me Emotional Sarah Rohoman | Narcity

As for the size-inclusivity promise, Old Navy definitely delivered. Every style I looked at was available in XS to 4X. This may not sound groundbreaking to some, but it's actually pretty wild to have so many options in a store that's not devoted solely to plus-size clothing.

On the day that I went shopping, I was actually on the lookout for something to wear for a fancy dinner my boyfriend was taking me to that evening. Old Navy's clothing is definitely more on the casual side, but they had a few fun summery pieces that could be jazzed up with the right makeup and accessories.

They had lots of pieces to choose from

I Tested Out Old Navy's New Size-Inclusive Range & It Lowkey Made Me Emotional Sarah Rohoman | Narcity

I ended up buying this blouse (aggressive florals are kind of my thing) and legit the first thing my boyfriend said to me when he saw me was "wow, that's a fun top!"

Overall, I really enjoyed my shopping experience and I'd go back to stock up on basics now that I'm actually going out again after living in tights and baggy shirts while working from home during Ontario's lockdown.

I Tested Out Old Navy's New Size-Inclusive Range & It Lowkey Made Me Emotional Sarah Rohoman | Narcity

I felt that Old Navy did a really great job with their "fashion revolution" and I'd love to see more brands follow in their footsteps with inclusive sizing and diverse models.

The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the views of Narcity Media.

*This article has been updated.


Post a Comment

0 Comments